About Fusion Wellness
Meet the founder:
I’m Georgie Clark – wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, business owner, business and wellness consultant, teacher, practitioner and follower of the sun and all things that elevate my spirit! I am a lifelong student of yoga and pilates and my practice is inspired by a vinyasa flow (power yoga) with a focus on Pilates core work.
I discovered yoga at a young age. When I was 11 I had a cardiac dysrthythmia, which meant my resting heart rate would reach 220 for hours on end. At the time I was studying ballet, practising at least four times a week along with other sports. Despite my love of dance and athletics though, my doctor insisted I quit.
My Mum suggested yoga instead. I remember being nearly forty years younger than everyone else in the class, but I fell in love with my newfound relaxation and balance. I knew yoga would be a part of my life forever! At 16, I earned my personal training certificate and started my first job teaching circuit classes at the local gym. Eventually I began to expand my teaching to a variety of classes like Tae Bo, and my favourite, Yoga.
After travelling the world and earning a degree in PR & Marketing at University, I decided to follow my dream of studying yoga instead of choosing the traditional 9 to 5 career path. This led me to year-long full-time Yoga and Pilates teacher training in Byron Bay. I was 22 and studied Yogalates, the combination of Yoga and Pilates. From there I moved to Florida, USA where I begun teaching yoga retreats. From here I begun to study under a number of other leading yoga world renown teachers such as Baron Baptiste, Shiva Rea and Sean Corne.
At 25 years old I wanted to work for some icons brands so I could put all my learnings from university into use. I returned home and worked for New Balance as their National PR, Event & Sponsorship Manager, then for Channel Seven as their Event & Marketing Manager, and then with Arnette as their Event & Brand Manager. Finally before I had my first son Oliver, I spent a few years with Oakley as their Alternative PR & Manager Manager.
Some of the key events that I have managed:
- Launched TV shows City Homicide and Kath & Kim with Channel Seven
- Conducted womens brand media event for Oakley in the Napa Valley, USA
- Shaun White’s (number one snowboarder in the world) Holbrook
- Sunglass launch in Sydney
- Snoop Dog brand launch with Arnette in Melbourne
- Zac Effron’s surfing event with Oakley at Bondi Beach
- Julian Wilson Dispatch sunglasses launch in Melbourne & the Gold Coast (ranked 6th on the ASP world ranking list)
- A number of icon Oakley St Kilda festival rooftop brand events with world renown DJ, musicians and bands such as The Faders, Shawyze & Ciso and Xavier Rudd.
After travelling the world and earning a degree in PR & Marketing at University, I decided to follow my dream of studying yoga instead of choosing the traditional 9 to 5 career path. This led me to year-long full-time Yoga and Pilates teacher training in Byron Bay. I was 22 and studied Yogalates, the combination of Yoga and Pilates. From there I moved to Florida, USA where I begun teaching surf and yoga retreats. From here I begun to study under a number of other leading yoga world renown teachers such as Baron Baptiste, Shiva Rea and Sean Corne.
Since having my second son Darcy I have been using my experience and knowledge for both wellness, branding and marketing I have created a wellness overhaul ‘upping the ante’ program, and a business coaching program for those in the health and wellness industry.
The wellness coaching program promotes awareness of oneself, getting clear, developing a compelling future plan, cleansing out the toxic, committing to oneself and setting up for success segments.
The business coaching program includes a business audit, defining a customer avatar and niche, workshopping which services and product offerings are going to be the most successful, creating clear brand communications, developing a strong online presence and structuring a pr & marketing plan.
I offer wellness retreats. These entail yoga, pilates, fresh produce and meals, and daily wellness workshops. Surfing lessons, cultural experiences and pampering are optional extras.
I have also created a series of unique instructional Yoga & Pilates cards, known as Fusion Yoga Decks, that assist surfers, pregnant women and office workers. These have been sold in national retailers such as Office Workers and Target and boutique gift and surfing shops.
“I believe that your wellness journey is an ongoing ride and your body is the best indicator when you are out of balance and need to make some changes. My body has experienced full time work in front of a computer, an arrhythmia, wrist and back injuries, chronic eczema, pregnancy with an emergency c-section birth and the transition into motherhood. All these wellness challenges have forced me to change my ways for the better and discover some amazing tools which will assist you to nurture yourself.”
- Certified Practitioner of The Coaching Institute’s Deep State Re-Patterning
- Bachelor of Communication (Specialising in Public Relations & Business Marketing), Monash, Melbourne, Australia & Bishop University, Quebec Canada.
- Certificate IV with the Yoga Pilates Training Academy Australia, 510 hours, Byron Bay, Australia
- Certificate of Completion in Pilates Equipment, All-American Pilates Certifications Inc, Florida, USA
- Diploma of Contemporary Pilates & Teaching Methodology, Tensegrity Training, Sunshine Coast, Australia
- Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistc Programming, Coaching Institute, Melbourne, Australia
- Kinesiology Practitioner Training in Neuro-Linguistic Kinesiology, Levels 1-6, Near-Linguistic Kinesiology International, Palm Beach, QLD, Australia
- Diploma in Kinesiology, Health & Harmony College, Brisbane, Australia.
- Physical Activity Australia Exercise Instructor Registration Certificate, Melbourne, Australia.
- Certificate as a Fitness Pilates Reformer Instructor with Positive Action –
- Global Training Systems, Melbourne, Australia
- Certification of Completion in Reiki 1, Rishikesh India
- Certificate in Traditional Thai Massage, Koh Saumi, Thailand
- Certificate in Yoga Chi, Goa India
- Statement of Attainment Training Small Groups Certification, Byron Bay, Australia
Join the Fusion Wellness Tribe
Sign up and get you special gift from Georgie – A visualisation Meditation.