I was inspired to remake this amazingly delicious recipe after my beautiful sister Jamie made it for a group BBQ we had recently in Wilson’s Prom, VIC. At all our Fusion Wellness retreats we aim to serve the most freshest and healthiest meals to serve the body, mind and spirit.
Quinoa has come a long way in the last few years. From health stores to the mainstream, its high protein content and delicate texture have made it a popular substitute for starchier pasta and rice. Quinoa is considered a super food for numerous reasons:
- It is one of the most protein-rich foods we can eat
- It contains all nine essential amino acids
- It contains almost twice as much fiber as most other grains
- It contains Iron, B2 and is rich in magnesium
- A cup of quinoa
- Fresh Parsley
- Fresh Mint
- Pepita Seeds
- Slithered Almonds
- Sesame Seeds
- ½ cup of olive oil
- ½ cup of lemon juice
- ¼ cup of honey
1. Measure out 1-cup quinoa and 2 cups water and bring to boil.
2. Turn heat down to the lowest setting. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
3. After 15 minutes, turn off the heat and remove the pot from the burner. Let stand for 5 minutes, with a tea towel under the pot lid- this is a Japanese technique that helps to promote its fluffy texture.
4. After 5 minutes, remove the tea towel and lid, fluff the quinoa gently with a fork, and serve. (You should see tiny spirals (the germ) separating from and curling around the quinoa seeds.)
5. Chop up the parsley and mint and place in a bowl and then add π of a cup of: Pepita Seeds, Cranberries, Currants, and Slithered Almonds and Sesame Seeds
*You can roast the almonds and sesame seeds till they are golden in the oven if you like or simply have them raw
6. Add all the step 5 ingredients to the quinoa
7. Combine all the sauces ingredients into a bowl and stir
8. Pour the sauce over the quinoa, serve and enjoy!