I made an easy to make, yummy and full of goodness slice for my students for my class last Sunday at Lululemon, Robina.
I have had a few requests for the recipe, so here it is!
RAW COCONUT ROUGH
INGREDIENTS (only 4!!)
To make approx. 12 piece(s)
• 10 Pitted Dates
• 1 tablespoon of Cocao (my favourite brand is eco cacao powder, raw
Mayan superfood, certified organic)
• 110 grams Organic Desiccated Coconut
• 2 tablespoons Coconut Milk or even better Coconut Cream
Then place all ingredients into your Blender, Vitamix or Thermomix (sp 10 x 30 secs) and blend. Line a tin of approx 30cm x 30cm and evenly disperse all ingredients into the tin and freeze for at least 3 hours.
I keep mine in the freezer over night due to the warm temp in northern NSW, it seems to set better. Last Sunday I didn’t want it to soften in the car on my way to teach. It did soften and the staff at Lululemon wanted a taster on my arrival, but it still satisfied their taste buds. Luckily they had a fridge in their office at the back of the shop. Not sure if was how hard we worked during the class, or that it was free, because the slice isn’t that visually tantalising but it was gone within 10 secs of finishing the class. Who knows what I will be tempted to make for this Sunday!
– A low-glycemic index food
– Does not significantly raise blood sugar levels
– Loaded with fiber
– Aids in lowering cholesterol levels
– Offers vitamin B-6 which helps with metabolism of food and the formation of new blood cells
– An excellent source of potassium, copper, magnesium, calcium, phosphorous, iron and zinc!
– Nourishes your tissues to keep your skin, tendons, ligaments, bones and teeth strong.
– High is copper and manganese which supports healthy collagen production
– Full of flavonoids, which act as natural antioxidants.
– Rich in magnesium, an energy mineral and vital electrolyte.
– A good source of sulfur which aids with strong nails, shiny hair, a healthy liver and pancreas
– Regulates blood pressure and reduces cholesterol while building the immune system
– Is a mood enhancer!